problem about slave fifo transfer with short packets

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

when i used the syn slave fifo example to transfer data from fpga to pc,my fpga give data at the speed of 20M/s(i use a FIFO in my fpga),i still want to let the FX3 works at the PCLK of 100MHz and 32bit mode ,so i think i have to use PKTEND to transfer short packets,then the problems come. i can't get the correct data, somebody can tell me about this problems? the handbook says that the PKTEND is used at the last word to be transfer, when i transfer a short packet , can i go on transfer a full packet or a short packet and go on and go on.....,

regards.

lint

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the data that you are getting in the PC when you are committing a short packet using pktend signal?

Are you getting any extra data for a clock cycle or you are not getting any data?

Please let me know the behaviour that you are seeing at your end.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello,sai krishna! thanks for your reply.

when i try to transfer one short packet, i can get it in a packet correctly but i found a extra 00 00 00 00 packet, but i just set one buffer in the FX3 ! 

another problem is that i set only one buffer for each dma channel , then when the short packet is write into the FX3, the FLAG does not show full , what does FLAG show? short packet doesn't make the FLAG show the buffer is full?

regards,

lint

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can tell me some of the problems you found and describe here for me , so i can compare them with my problem so i can try to solve it , thank you very much!

0 Likes