looking to automate build and compile of eclipse software

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jzimmerman
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hello all 

i am currently trying to automate the build and compile of the Cypress EZ USB IDE and 3 associated projects. 

At present I can open the IDE to a certain Workspace, but I cannot find a way to Clean, Build, Compile via Command Line. 

Is there a reference document somewhere >?

thanks 

joshua 

0 Likes
1 Solution
jzimmerman
Level 1
Level 1

i moved all files and workspace to a new common dir and all is well thanks you 

j

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Joshua,

If you are using Eclipse.exe then please check the arguments present in the following links.

1. https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dui0480/u/working-with-projects/using-eclipse-from-the-comma...  

2. https://dzone.com/articles/building-projects-eclipse  

Else, you can refer to the below KBA to build a project from command line:

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Using-Command-Prompt-for-Building-FX3-Proje...  

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
jzimmerman
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much for the quick response

i am now receiving a secondary error,

C:\FX3_cmd_build\example\cyfxusbi2cregmode>make all
arm-none-eabi-gcc -g -DTX_ENABLE_EVENT_TRACE -DDEBUG -DCYU3P_FX3=1 -D__CYU3P_TX__=1 -I. -I../../fw_lib/1_3_4/inc -O0 -Wall -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c -o cyfxusbi2cregmode.o cyfxusbi2cregmode.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -g -DTX_ENABLE_EVENT_TRACE -DDEBUG -DCYU3P_FX3=1 -D__CYU3P_TX__=1 -I. -I../../fw_lib/1_3_4/inc -O0 -Wall -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c -o cyfxusbenumdscr.o cyfxusbenumdscr.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -g -DTX_ENABLE_EVENT_TRACE -DDEBUG -DCYU3P_FX3=1 -D__CYU3P_TX__=1 -I. -I../../fw_lib/1_3_4/inc -O0 -Wall -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c -o cyfxtx.o cyfxtx.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -Wall -c -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -o cyfx_gcc_startup.o cyfx_gcc_startup.S
arm-none-eabi-ld cyfx_gcc_startup.o cyfxusbi2cregmode.o cyfxusbenumdscr.o cyfxtx.o --entry CyU3PFirmwareEntry -L ../../fw_lib/1_3_4/fx3_debug -lcyu3sport -lcyu3lpp -lcyfxapi -lcyu3threadx "/arm-none-eabi/lib/libc.a" "/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.1/libgcc.a" -T ../../fw_build/fx3_fw/fx3_512k.ld -d --gc-sections --no-wchar-size-warning -Map cyfxusbi2cregmode.map -o cyfxusbi2cregmode.elf
arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find /arm-none-eabi/lib/libc.a: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find /lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.1/libgcc.a: No such file or directory
makefile:41: recipe for target 'cyfxusbi2cregmode.elf' failed
make: *** [cyfxusbi2cregmode.elf] Error 1

Thoughts

thank you

j

0 Likes
jzimmerman
Level 1
Level 1

i moved all files and workspace to a new common dir and all is well thanks you 

j