isoc sample request

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
xigu_1705831
Level 2
Level 2
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

do you have a similar sample code like:
http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ez-usb-cx3-uvc-1110-example-using-aptina-a0260-se...

but this is Bulk-only UVC 1.1 compliant example,  i need isoc UVC 1.1 compliant example. do you have such example code?

thanks
xingxing

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Please find the attached project that uses ISOC endpoint. This example is a modified form of UVC firmware from AN75779.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Xingxing,

Please refer to the cyfxuvcinmem project from the below path after the installation of FX3 SDK. This project implemenets UVC 1.1 over ISOC endpoint but does not include an interface to an image sensor. The sample frame data is stored in the internal FX3 buffers.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\uvc_examples\cyfxuvcinmem

Best regards,
Srinath S

0 Likes

hi Srinath,
     thank you for your reply, i  checked the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\uvc_examples\cyfxuvcinmem sample code. but the sample code use CyU3PDmaChannelCreate, but we want to use CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCreate.
we tried modifed the code from DmaChannel to DmaMultiChannel, but it did not work. from the data captured by Bus Hound, seems the data order is correct. i tried to tunning the package size or others parameters. it still cannot work. 
if you can provide an sample code like http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ez-usb-cx3-uvc-1110-example-using-aptina-a0260-se...  for isoc uvc. that will be very helpful.

thanks
xingxing

0 Likes

Hello Xingxing,

Can you please share the firmware source that you are using (one that uses the CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCreate) API?

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
lock attach

upload the uvc.c and uvc.h. these code work well on previous bulk transfer. i want to modify to isoc.
if you can not adapt with our code. you can also try to modify your sample to the isoc. our code also reference it.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ez-usb-cx3-uvc-1110-example-using-aptina-a0260-se...

0 Likes

hi Srinath,
     can you help on this matter? we are almost lost the way. if you have some idea, we can have a try on our side.

thanks
xingxing

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

Please find the attached project that uses ISOC endpoint. This example is a modified form of UVC firmware from AN75779.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

thanks for your reference, can you help confirm the maximun date rate the isoc mode can handle? 1080p@30fps or 1080p@60fps?

i'm using windows 10 platform.

0 Likes

Hello,

The maximum USB bandwidth that an ISOC endpoint can use on Windows 10 machine is 375MBps. When using an image sensor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080p at 60 fps, the data rate is 237.3 MBps and the UVC header is also to be added to the data. But, there would be enough bandwidth on the USB for performing this transaction. When performing these data transactions, the other BULK devices present on the bus might not receive higher percentage of bus bandwidth.

It has to be noted that Windows 10 UVC driver supports the BURST setting and hence can support this data rate. In case of Windows 7/8, the maximum data is 24MBps.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes