how to access UART Port at GPIO55 and GPIO56 in pactron FX3S board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2283911
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have FX3S Pactron board. I am able to access the USB to SDIO interface but this example do not give access to UART interface.

I am trying to access the UART interface using FX3 example codes on FX3S kit. but i do not see any prints on UART console.

Please let me know which example code i can use with FX3S pactron kit to access the UART console on GPIO55 and GPIO56.

Thanks and Regards

Tarang Jindal

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The old version of Pactron FX3S (Green one) has the TX and RX pins swapped in the RS232 connector. So this must be taken care of.

If it is the new board (Blue one), things will work properly. In that case, please probe the lines to see if you are able to notice any signal. If not, please contact pactron and complain about the issue. You may seek replacement if the board is found to be faulty.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please make sure you have the on-board jumpers connected as per the Kit user guide. Please share the image of the jumpers on the board and we can tell you if that needs to be changed.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The old version of Pactron FX3S (Green one) has the TX and RX pins swapped in the RS232 connector. So this must be taken care of.

If it is the new board (Blue one), things will work properly. In that case, please probe the lines to see if you are able to notice any signal. If not, please contact pactron and complain about the issue. You may seek replacement if the board is found to be faulty.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes