how could I communicate with SPI Flash memory through CX3's firmware?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ArSa_3842301
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello,

I am currently working with Development Kit Denebola.  this hardware has two memory types to store the firmware (I2C EEPROM and SPI FLASH) and I can store it in both without any problem. However I am carrying out an application which needs to work with the SPI Flash memory, I mean, I need to write and to read values from the memory.

For this reason, i have the following questions:

- Is there any API focused on to communicate with the FLASH memory? In case yes, Where could I find it?.

- Which functions from this API are able to write the memory and to read from her? Could you give me some example of use?

Thanks!.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to the SDK example cyfxusbspiregmode or cyfxusbspidmamode for writing or reading data to/from SPI flash devices. Both these firmware enumerates the device as a vendor specific USB device with only the control endpoint and provides a set of vendor commands to read/write the data on SPI flash devices. Both these example projects can be found in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples

Note that this path depends on the installation directory of FX3 SDK.

Please refer to the handling of different vendor commands to understand the implementation of sector erase, writes and reads to/from flash. You can also refer to the readme file available with these example projects to map the vendor commands to their purpose (erase, write, read etc).

Please let me know if you have any queries on this.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply