fx3 uac2.0 descriptor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wyw
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

I use uac2.0 in FX3,download firmware to board,my PC(windows10 20H2) device manager dispaly audio device of FX3,but corresponding driver was not installed successfully.

Attachments are partial descriptors for uac2.0,Please check it for me.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response. 

Also, I apologize for making a mistake in my previous response. For UAC 2.0, Audio In Class-Specific AS Type I Format Descriptor should be same as the one in the project that you shared.

We have developed a project to enumerate FX3 device as a UAC 2.0 device. Please note that this project is not a fully functional project. This example project just makes the device enumerate as a UAC 2.0 device.

There are some modifications in the descriptors (specifically in the clock source descriptors). Also, class specific requests (sampling frequency control) needs to be handled. We have added all these in the project attached along with this response. Please refer to the UAC 2.0 specification to understand more on the requests.

Please use this project as a reference for enumerating the device as a UAC 2.0 device. You can develop your end application by adding functionalities on top of this project.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

I could not find the descriptor file attached along with this thread. Currently, we do not have an example project for FX3 that supports UAC2.0 to share for your reference. You can refer to the following thread where a similar issue was asked before:

https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Superspeed-Peripherals/FX3-UAC2-0-Enumeration/m-p/271518

Please let us know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,i have referred to that post, I do not need such a complicated descriptor, the attachment is my descriptor.

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

It looks like the descriptors shared is not complete. Please share the complete descriptor file for us to check.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
lock attach

It's a composite device.

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

Please cross check the following descriptor:

/* Audio In Class-Specific AS Type I Format Descriptor */
0x06, /* bLength */
0x24, /* bDescriptorType */
0x02, /* bDescriptorSubtype */
0x01, /* bFormatType */
0x02, /* bSubSlotSize 2byte*/
0x10, /* bBitResolution 16bit*/

As per my understanding, you are using Type 1 PCM format. In this case, you need to use the following descriptor:

/* Audio In Class-Specific AS Type I Format Descriptor */
0x0B, /* Descriptor size */
0x24, /* Class-specific Interface Descriptor Type */
0x02, /* Format Type Descriptor subtype */
0x01, /* PCM FORMAT_TYPE_I */
0x02, /* Number of channels - 2 */
0x02, /* Subframe size - 2 bytes per audio subframe */
0x10, /* Bit resolution - 16 bits */
0x01, /* Number of samping frequencies - 1 */
0x80, 0xBB, 0x00, /* Sampling frequency - 48000 Hz */

Apart from this, I could not find any problems with the descriptors.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi,after modifying the descriptors as you said, the problem is the same as before.

0 Likes
lock attach
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response. 

Also, I apologize for making a mistake in my previous response. For UAC 2.0, Audio In Class-Specific AS Type I Format Descriptor should be same as the one in the project that you shared.

We have developed a project to enumerate FX3 device as a UAC 2.0 device. Please note that this project is not a fully functional project. This example project just makes the device enumerate as a UAC 2.0 device.

There are some modifications in the descriptors (specifically in the clock source descriptors). Also, class specific requests (sampling frequency control) needs to be handled. We have added all these in the project attached along with this response. Please refer to the UAC 2.0 specification to understand more on the requests.

Please use this project as a reference for enumerating the device as a UAC 2.0 device. You can develop your end application by adding functionalities on top of this project.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

thanks for your response,and then my computer could identified the uac2.0 device.

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hi,

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes