fx3 enumerate as UNKOWN DEVICE, driver don't install

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've designed my own FPGA board using Cypress CYUSB3014 as the USB controller, and of course, I had been following the hardware design guidelines. But the problem is, when I config the PMODE[2:0] pins as F11(USB boot mode) and connect the board to PC, it enumerated as UNKNOWN DEVICE. And after I checked the windows device manager to try to install the driver, it responded as "windows could not find driver software for your device".

I've installed the EZ-USB FX3 SDK, the driver is supposed to be in the direction "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\", but I've tried to install it on both win7 and win8, the responses : "windows could not find driver ...". And of course, when I open the USB Control Center, nothing shows out.

I tested the board, the chip is powered up, and the clock source(19.2MHz oscillator ASEMB-19.2MHZ) is working fine. I connected the oscillator output to the CLKIN pin, config FSLC[2:0] pins as 100. The chip should be working fine.

I've tried every solution I can find online, but nothing better happened. I'm really exhausted now. Did anyone else come across this kind of problem? What's your solution?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you find a solution to this problem?

I have exactly the same issue. My prototypes fail enumeration. All power supplies and communications connections are good. Like you, I am using an external oscillator (ASEMB-19.2MHZ) connected to the CLKIN input. I have also configured the FSCLK[2:0] pins to be 100.

Perhaps there is a problem using an external oscillator instead of a crystal. Can anyone provide any input here please?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fast enumeration usb setup callback does not handle host requests or usb events properly (yet). So, every time I do something wrong on the host side, my device starts being unknown to the PC. The only way, I found, to get it recognized again was to restart the PC.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If any of the above posters found a solution, could they share it with us?

If no solution has been found: did you make sure your PMODE[2-0] pins were configured correctly for the proper boot operation?

0 Likes