cyusb3kit-003 I2C EEPROM Download

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased the cyusb3kit-003 board.

However, if you try to download the IMG file to the I2C EEPROM of the board through the USB Control Center, the message "Programming of I2C EEPROM Failed" will appear and the download will fail.

When connecting USB to PC, "Cypress FX3 USB BootLoader Device" is connected.

Pmode (J4) Jump is shorted.

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Can you change the USB cable to a USB 2.0 cable to run the BootProgrammer application as a USB2.1 device.

GS003199.png

If this does not work, the SupreSpeed Explorer Kit hardware may be damaged.  Please try with another Kit if you have.

Regards,

Noriaki

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

What is the project that you are programming to I2C EEPROM? Is the same project working fine when you program it to RAM?

Can you try programming attached image file to the I2C EEPROM?

I can program it successfully on my CYUSB3KIT-003.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is good to program in RAM.

I've tried the i2C program several times.

Can I not use I2C program if there is a problem with USB connection?

For example, if you are connected to USB2.0 instead of USB3.0, or the USB device driver is installed incorrectly.

0 Likes
NoriTan
Employee
Employee

When the PC is connected to the "Cypress FX3 USB Bootloader Device" the device is recognized as a USB 2.0 device. 

GS003196b.png

When you select the menu item "Program->FX3->I2C EEPROM" a utility program named "BootProgrammer" is downloaded to the FX3 then PC recognize the FX3 as a USB 3.0 device "Cypress FX3 USB BootProgrammer Device"

GS003197a.png

If you don't see this device on the Control Center, the device driver may not be installed correctly.  After that the "Select file to download..." dialogue is popped up to select the IMG file to be downloaded.  Please confirm if the BootProgrammer Device is recognized by PC.

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Control Center.png

After selecting Program-I2C EEPROM, I confirmed that it recognizes as "Cypress FX3 USB BootProgrammer Device".

I then selected the file and the message "Progamming fo I2C EEPROM Failed" appears at the bottom of the figure.

0 Likes
NoriTan
Employee
Employee

Can you change the USB cable to a USB 2.0 cable to run the BootProgrammer application as a USB2.1 device.

GS003199.png

If this does not work, the SupreSpeed Explorer Kit hardware may be damaged.  Please try with another Kit if you have.

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes