cypress FX3 GPIO pin configuration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kase_4305431
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

I have four questions on cypress FX3 GPIO pin configuration !

1.can we make PWM signal be ON for certain time period and OFF for certain time period ? And so that during OFF period it should not trigger pulses .I have tried with 0% duty cycle(#define CY_FX_PWM_0P_THRESHOLD (0 - 1)  ,apiRetStatus = CyU3PGpioComplexUpdate (gpio, CY_FX_PWM_0P_THRESHOLD , CY_FX_PWM_PERIOD)) yet it is showing pulses

2.can we use two complex pin from different complex GPIO pin block as a PWM signal?

3.Does any complex GPIO can be configured as simple GPIO during run time?

4.Do any GPIO can be configured as complex GPIO? I have tried with GPIO 50 it works and with other GPIO it fails.

I have verified cypress FX3 TRM for simple and complex GPIO configuration since am not getting clarity, kindly give me solution!

regards,

karunnya

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Karunnya,

1. You cannot make the threshold as zero. So, you can use CyU3PGpioDisable(uint8_t gpioId) when you don't want to output the PWM.

2. Yes, you can configure two different Complex GPIOs from two different Complex GPIO Blocks (I assume you are aware of modulo-8 arrangement of complex GPIOs)

3. As mentioned in Point 1, you can disable the GPIO and then reconfigure it as Simple.

4. It needs to be tested. Can you let me know which GPIOs you intend to configure as complex?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Karunnya,

1. You cannot make the threshold as zero. So, you can use CyU3PGpioDisable(uint8_t gpioId) when you don't want to output the PWM.

2. Yes, you can configure two different Complex GPIOs from two different Complex GPIO Blocks (I assume you are aware of modulo-8 arrangement of complex GPIOs)

3. As mentioned in Point 1, you can disable the GPIO and then reconfigure it as Simple.

4. It needs to be tested. Can you let me know which GPIOs you intend to configure as complex?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

Thank you for the solution sir!

Regards,

Karunnya

0 Likes