cyfxusbuart example with Pactron FX3S EVM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2283911
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to use cyfxusbuart example firmware with pactron FX3S EVM.

After loading the image file, The control center shows that programming succeeded and the USB device disappear from the control center.

In the device manager, it shows the USB device in "other devices tab" as "FX3".

I have tried to update the drivers manually at path - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin

but problem remains the same.

I primary goal is to access the UART interface of this board. but i am not able to access UART interface with any of the example code available with FX3 SDK as some of the UART examples do not shows anything in device manager and some of them come up with other devices in device manager.

Please let me know, why this is happening?

Thanks and Regards

Tarang Jindal

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The USB UART Example should be binded to the serial drivers from Cypress. It is not binded to cyusb drivers. So it is not shown in the control center.

You can get these drivers here:

USB-Serial Drivers | Cypress Semiconductor

You can install these drivers by running the setup or by manually binding these drivers to the device using the device manager. After binding you can see a new device in the COM port section of the device manager along with the COM Port number. However, the device is not expected to show up in the control center.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The USB UART Example should be binded to the serial drivers from Cypress. It is not binded to cyusb drivers. So it is not shown in the control center.

You can get these drivers here:

USB-Serial Drivers | Cypress Semiconductor

You can install these drivers by running the setup or by manually binding these drivers to the device using the device manager. After binding you can see a new device in the COM port section of the device manager along with the COM Port number. However, the device is not expected to show up in the control center.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes