Xferdata return false/timeout but wireshark observed received full data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Wellington
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi,

my setup are FX3 slave fifo, dma auto mode.

I notice that on my host application, sometimes the Xferdata will return false due to timeout. By using Visual studio 2015 set breakpoint to observe why it time out, I found that the Xferdata did not fully grabbed my data and it failed(it only grabbed half of the data which is 4MB). However using Wireshark, i could see the data has fully send from FX3 thru USB3.0 on my PC host.

Things i tried:

Set the timeout to 10s for xferdata longer time to grab, but it still failed. (During this 10 second, I also observed from wireshark the full data packed  4194331 + 4194331 + 65563 - 3*27 has been sent) Xferdata will just wait 10 second do nothing and return false.

//Code explain

if (endPoint->XferData(buffer[1], rLen, 0))

{

//check package is fully grabbed? or return error.

}

else //timeout

{

//debugging purpose

// check lens return value

}

From here we can see the lens return value will always less than < expected bytes. (Eventhough wireshark has shown data has been send from FX3)

Please let me know if you have any idea to this?

Thanks!

ZY

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please try using the test driver attached with this Solved: Win10 specific issue in data transfer from an FX3 ... - Cypress Developer Community  thread and let me know if it works.

Edited: The driver attached with the thread is not certified from Microsoft so to test with the driver you should put the PC in test mode - which will bypass certificate validation.

The same driver is attached in the thread you are pointing to

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies