We are using CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit.
When we updated windows version, we encounter communication troubles
between the above product and our win PC. It seems that the problem depended
on a windows version. At the version of 1903 of win10, we encountered the above troubles
many times. When we updated to the 1909 version, we encountered the
above troubles but only in the case of a prolonged operating time. At the earlier
version than the 1903, however, the communication problem did not happen.
Could you let me know how to avoid the above communication problem?
Thanks in advance,
Hello Tomo san,
1) Please let me know which firmware are you working on. Is it some custom firmware or is it from the FX3 SDK?
2) What is the communication problem that you are facing while changing the windows version?. Please let me know the details of the problem
3) Please let me know which FX3 SDK version are you using in your application
Thanks for trying to clarify the problem.
The firmware we are using is based on a code in FX3SDK Version1.3.3.
In this firmware, we receive FPGA data using FIFO through USB3.
However, we sometimes cannot receive the data. Its frequency seems
to depend on the windows version. At the windows 10 version 1903,
we encountered the above situation many times, but at the earlier version
than 1903, we rarely did. At the version 1909, we encountered the problem
only in a longer operation time.
We are currently using FX3 SDK version 1.3.3.
We would appreciate if you could give us a clue to tackle the problem.
Hello Tomo san,
Please try building the firmware with the latest SDK 1.3.4 https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit by changing the build variable (in the project settings) to 1.3.4 and let me know if the issue is still seen
If the problem still exists with the latest SDK
- Please let me know if the device resets or re enumerates when the issue is seen
- Please share the UART debug prints for both the case i.e. working and nonworking cases
Thanks for your suggestions.
We'll utilize the SDK1.3.4 instead of SDK1.3.3.
I'll let you know what will happen.