Windows 10 not accepting driver for FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to communicate to an enclustra FPGA development board through USB. The device shows up in the Windows 10 device manager as FX3 with an exclamation mark.

I have tried to go to windows 10 device manager, find the FX3 that shows under "other devices" with an exclamation mark. Right click and select "update driver" then "browse my computer for driver software" point it to the folder that has the cyusb3.inf as well as cyusb3.sys in it and click "next". Then I get the following message: "Windows was unable to install your FX3" "Windows could not find drivers for your device..."

My windows version is: Windows 10 64 bit, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.137

I installed Cypress FX3SDKSetup_1.3.4 and pointed to the windows 10 64 bit driver folder to find cyusb.inf and cyusb3.sys

Everything was working fine under windows 7 but my PC crashed and I can not go back to that.

I appreciate any help I can get.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gotten support from Cypress on this and the issue is resolved. The attached document shows how to make the driver work in Windows 10.

Thank you Sridhar from the Cypress support team for your fast support and resolving my issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gotten support from Cypress on this and the issue is resolved. The attached document shows how to make the driver work in Windows 10.

Thank you Sridhar from the Cypress support team for your fast support and resolving my issue.

0 Likes