cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Superspeed Peripherals

yxx0803
New Contributor II

Hello,

From KBA https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Superspeed-Peripherals/X-gt-16KB-let-Y-X-16-KB-Y-lt-16KB-and-X-...  I have asked you how to transfer 2160KB+4B from PC to FPGA.Some settings in my design as follows:

DMA buffer:       16KB(size)X 2(number)

In my firmware:CyU3PGpifSocketConfigure (3,CY_U3P_PIB_SOCKET_3,6,CyFalse,1);   

watervalue:6

databus width:32

flagc:Thread3_DMA_Ready

flagd:Thread3_DMA_WaterMark

As  that KBA mentioned:The sum 2160KB + 4B is not divisible by 16KB. This means that the last DMA buffer will have 4B data and will not be committed to the FPGA side.

Now, I have transfered 2160KB+4B successfully at host side becase the function named xferdata returned true.

And I want to know when  2160KB+4B transfered successfully, the last 4B data will be committed to the FPGA side,flagd can work well or not?    Flagc will be '1',flagd will be 1?

Best Regards,
Jack chen
0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar

Hello,

The number of data words available for reading after the clock edge at which the partial flag is sampled asserted = watermark x (32/bus width) – 1.
Watermark value of 6 indicates reading of 5*4B = 20B more of data from a buffer. But the last buffer contains just 4B. So below two steps could be tried :

1. Change the watermark value to 1.

2. Keep the watermark value as 6 and add dummy data to make the total size as 2160KB+20B. Discard the dummy data at the FPGA side.

Please tell us the results after performing the above tests.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AliAsgar

Hello,

The number of data words available for reading after the clock edge at which the partial flag is sampled asserted = watermark x (32/bus width) – 1.
Watermark value of 6 indicates reading of 5*4B = 20B more of data from a buffer. But the last buffer contains just 4B. So below two steps could be tried :

1. Change the watermark value to 1.

2. Keep the watermark value as 6 and add dummy data to make the total size as 2160KB+20B. Discard the dummy data at the FPGA side.

Please tell us the results after performing the above tests.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
yxx0803
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot!got it.

Best Regards,
Jack chen
0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi,

Could you confirm which of the above two steps worked for your case?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes