We have custom board designed with CYUSB3035-BZXI device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GoBN_4706056
Level 2
Level 2

We have custom board designed with CYUSB3035-BZXI device & USB3.0 standard Type A connector for interfacing it with the host. We are using Cypress USB control center tool to detect & program the FX3 device.

Below are the brief description of test scenario:

1. When we connect our board to an USB3.0 port of generation 5 laptop(HP-840), the FX3 device gets detected properly as USB3.1 device.
  2. When we connect our board to an USB3.0 port of generation 7 laptop(DELL Latitude 3590), the FX3 device gets detected properly as USB3.1 device.
  3. When we connect our board to an USB3.0 port of generation 8 laptop(DELL Latitude 3500), the FX3 device doesn’t even get detected. But when we connect the board to USB2.0 port, the device detection happens correctly as USB2.0.

Thanks for the help.

Gowtham

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Gowtham,

I went through your schematics and found that the 0.1uF de-coupling capacitors were missing on the TX lines (pins A5 and A6 0f the U Port). Instead, they are added to pins A4 and A3 of the U Port. Please remove the de-coupling capacitors from A4 and A3 and connect them to A5 and A6. Also, please check if your design passes all the checklists for layout mentioned in Table 11 of the following Application Note:

https://www.cypress.com/file/139936/download

I will again go through your schematics and let you know if I find anymore mistakes.

In addition to this, please do the following tests for me:

1. Connect your custom board to the USB3.0 port of the Gen8 PC and try to program the device with both the firmware images that I shared in my response 21.

2. Connect your custom board to the USB2.0 port of the Gen8 PC and do the same as the first test.

Please let me know which combinations passed and which did not. If you have already tested this, please let me know the result.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
29 Replies