Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Superspeed Peripherals

arnova2
New Contributor II

We purchased a Terasic C5G FPGA board + FX3 Explorer Kit + Altera HSMC adapter board. According to Terasic's manual the voltage standard for the signals on the HSMC port is 2.5V. But on the FX3 Explorer Kit I can only select either 1.8V or 3.3V (with jumper J2). I already tried to find an answer in the Explorer Kit's manual but was unable to. The question is: What to do? Is the FX3 Explorer board 2.5V tolerant when set for 1.8V I/O operation? Afaik the C5G board is not 3.3V tolerant for 2.5V I/Os, right?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

FX3 Explorer kit (CYUSB3KIT -003) doesn't have LDO for 2.5 V. We do not recommend to connect 2.5V I/O to 1.8 I/O of FX3

Please let me know if it is possible to change  the I/O level of the FPGA to 2.5V or can IOs with 3.3 V /1.8V be connected to FX3.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

FX3 Explorer kit (CYUSB3KIT -003) doesn't have LDO for 2.5 V. We do not recommend to connect 2.5V I/O to 1.8 I/O of FX3

Please let me know if it is possible to change  the I/O level of the FPGA to 2.5V or can IOs with 3.3 V /1.8V be connected to FX3.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
arnova2
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. On the C5G board the I/Os of the HMSC-port are fixed at 2.5V and can't be changed. But after reading the Cyclone V's datasheet it "seems" that specifically at 2.5V the I/Os are 3.3V tolerant. I've tested this and it didn't destroy my FPGA, so apparently this is the way to do it.

0 Likes