Vendor request 0xA0 during enumeration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found that when I downloaded a new firmware to RAM by control center, there will be a vendor request 0xA0 sent to the firmware. If I process the request and return handled flag as true, the new device is recognized in control center with a delay of about 3s. But if I do not handle this request, the new device will be recognized immediately. Why?

Thanks,

Rover

0 Likes
10 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        HI Rover, I don't know how to "A0" was been processed in default. May be above "A0" have to process by user, so called as vendor specific. Attached My vendor code for your reference. Part1 is have to modify in USB_vnd.c, Check #START - #END Part2 is user code, what ever you like to do. Is this help for you?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

0xA0 vendor command is implemented in the hardware. No need to implement that in your firmware.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure if my problem is the same as described in the question, but here's what I get when connecting/booting the FX3 device:

Device-to-host: Vendor request to Device bReq = 0xA0 wVal = 0xE600 wInd = 0x0 wLen = 0x1

The way I understand it - the data (of wLength = 1 byte) is requested to be sent from the device to the host. Thus, simply ignoring this request does not seem to be the right thing to do.

Are there any other vendor requests I should be aware of? the list of Vendor requests? It would be good to know this list, so I do not use them as vendor requests. It also would be nice to know how to properly handle them.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank Gayathri for the information. Maybe it's better to figure out reserved vendor requests that implemented in hardware so that users will not use them in custom firmware.

Thanks,

Rover 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In FX2LP 0xA0 command is implemented in the hardware. However, I believe in FX3 it is implementde in the bootloader firmware residing in the ROM.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

dear sir/mam

i have confusion about the same from where we get this bRequest 0xA0,  can learn more about these commands n from where? m working with FX2LP.

Thanks & Regards

Rohan.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi rohan, the Vendor Request is communicate on usb control endpoint. Usually, standard request is processed by firmware. When you want a special request on your usb protocol, that is needed. E.g. want to know special device name, or want to do flow control of your main transfer. etc... you can add special meaning to the request code and have to do your special function. Usually request type set to vendor request type and request code mapping to A0- When you want to get total understanding, you have to read USB YELLOW BOOK. When you not have need to do special vendor function, you owe to do nothing. Someone said "0xA0 vendor command is implemented in the hardware. No need to implement .." that question and answer is slitly odd. It is a default process of USB module to the request, do nothing, just only respond ACK. no where the user specified request. This link might be help you. http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=167&rID=53345 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff539199(v=vs.85).aspx http://www.beyondlogic.org/usbnutshell/usb6.shtml Thank you.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi sir  PSoC73

THank you very much sir, i m going through it. as i will work on it things will get clear more n more hopefully 🙂

thanks & Regards

Rohan.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi rohan-san, When you come up with a new function as vendor request, or you want to examine vendor request work. please refer this sample code. Thank you.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        THANK YOU SIR!!! Regards, rohan   
0 Likes