Unable to halt cpu with openocd on CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yesterday received one cyusbkit-003. Started using it by following the startup guide.

Everything looks fine except one issue.

I am able to use onboard JTAG with openocd as mentioned in the user guide.

So basic JTAG operation like hitting breakpoint, stepping through etc work for me.

But once initial breakpoint at 'main' is hit, unless I set a breakpoint beforehand, it seems

I can not halt the cpu. Only option is to terminate the openocd.

I should be able to halt cpu at any point, irrespective of any breakpoint set or not.

Is this behaviour expected or am I missing something. I am using same openocd commands as mentioned in user guide.

Regards

Ritu

0 Likes
1 Solution
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Ritu,

Yes its a normal behaviour of OpenOCD. You have to the set the breakpoint before resuming the normal code flow. You can also opt for "Stepover" option in the eclipse, it will halt CPU after executing one step in the code. Please note that if you are using USB examples then put the breakpoint after the enumeration is over otherwise windows will pop up an error saying " USB device not recognized".

Thanks & regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Ritu,

Yes its a normal behaviour of OpenOCD. You have to the set the breakpoint before resuming the normal code flow. You can also opt for "Stepover" option in the eclipse, it will halt CPU after executing one step in the code. Please note that if you are using USB examples then put the breakpoint after the enumeration is over otherwise windows will pop up an error saying " USB device not recognized".

Thanks & regards

Abhinav

0 Likes