UVC Problem of more or less number of data send to application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a system which sends pixel data from sensor to UVC.

I got timeout errors on LabView and black screen on VirtualHub without any frame rate representation.

Also, Uart-debugger always gives 0 frame count and 0 buffer count.

My sensor sometimes sends more or less data in a frame and line interval of FV and LV. (sends 1000-1500 pixel data when pixel width is descripted as 1280 pixel .)

Can this unstability is the reason of my timeout and uart errors on UVC application?

0 Likes
1 Solution
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

I got timeout errors on LabView and black screen on VirtualHub without any frame rate representation.

-- This happens because your Application is not receiving the data for a specified amount of time. As you already mentioned that your sensor sometimes sends more or less data, may be UVC driver is discarding the packets which are not in the specified format. Please mention the video format that you are using.

Uart-debugger always gives 0 frame count and 0 buffer count

-- Could you please tell me where in the code you are calculating frame and buffer counts.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

-- This happens because your Application is not receiving the data for a specified amount of time. As you already mentioned that your sensor sometimes sends more or less data, may be UVC driver is discarding the packets which are not in the specified format. Please mention the video format that you are using.

Uart-debugger always gives 0 frame count and 0 buffer count

-- Could you please tell me where in the code you are calculating frame and buffer counts.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes