USB3 streaming issues with external Orico PVU3-2O2I extension card

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ElRu_4198366
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cypress,

We using CYUSB3KIT-003 development kit to test the "cyfxisosrcsink" firmware project, and attachd we encounter abnormal data streaming while the device (CYUSB3KIT) connect to Orico PVU3-2O2I extension card.

pastedImage_3.png

Orico was NG

pastedImage_4.png

The issues seems link to we tested USB3-IF compliance before (Fresco extension card), Could you please confirm how to resolve this issues ASAP, thanks.

Renesas was OK (72MHz)

BRs

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

From the USB trace we could find that FX3 sends NRDY when host try to start data transfering. Have you tried with CyUSBbulkSrcSink to try if it works?

Update: the package 281596 shows there is a CRC error. Could you please try to test with a short cable and a HUB between PCI-E card and FX3?

We have received the similiar issue report ever.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello,

I see a host controller which name is VIA USB host controller appearing in the second screenshot. Could you please try to unistall it and test again?

0 Likes

Hi YangyangC_06,

We confirmd that Orico PVU3-2O2I extension card was VIA chip.

Also we have uninstall and reinstall the latest driver but still has same streaming problem.

Could you please reproduce the issue by the same conditions (CYUSB3KIT-003 development kit with "cyfxisosrcsink" firmware code)?

Thanks.

BRs

0 Likes

Hello,

We're not able to set the exactly same test environment to yours. However, the demo project and demo board work well on my side.

0 Likes

Hi YangyangC_06,

Could you share the same piture for us reference, thanks.

If it work normally on your side, what test environment in your side?

thanks.

BRs

0 Likes

Hi YangyangC_06,

The issue is feedback from our customer, so it's very emergency for us.

Please help to clarify it ASAP, thanks.

BRs

0 Likes

Please check the screenshot attached.

BaiduShurufa_2019-4-29_9-31-30.bmp

0 Likes

Hi YangyangC_06,

As your figure shows, it looks work fine in intel USB3 extension card, but the Orico PVU3-2O2I card got fail streaming.

Could you give some opinions for resolve the problem.

Thanks.

0 Likes

As we haven't heard about the issue like this. I am afraid that I don't have idea about the root casue.

But I could suggest you to setup a Intel platform and capture the USB trace. Do the same for the Orico platform.

Compare the USB trace to find the difference. Also you may need to contact Orico for help as they may know this issue.

0 Likes

Hi YangyangC_06,

If you can't give us any opinions, Could you transfer the case to another Engineer?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello Elaine,

No matter who help you, it'll be helpful if you could provide the USB trace file.

I think nobody will know what happens from the information which you've provided.

We nee to find the root-cause from the log/debug information and then find the resolution.

That's why I suggest you capture and provide these informations.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi:

Please see the attached file. I use 2 external card of USB 3 and log it by USB analyzer.

0 Likes

Hello,

From the USB trace we could find that FX3 sends NRDY when host try to start data transfering. Have you tried with CyUSBbulkSrcSink to try if it works?

Update: the package 281596 shows there is a CRC error. Could you please try to test with a short cable and a HUB between PCI-E card and FX3?

We have received the similiar issue report ever.

0 Likes

Hi,

Why you want to test "CyUSBbulkSrcSink" Project? We used "isochronous transfer" application and already production  for 1 years ago.

Could you please to test and clarify by yourself?

If you don't have Orico extension card, we can provide it for resolve the issues.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi Elaine,

The purpose of the bulk test is to verify if it is an issue caused by bandwidth.

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you answer my another problem?

Could you please to test and clarify by yourself?

If you don't have Orico extension card, we can provide it for resolve the issues.

Thanks.

0 Likes