USB-IF Link Layer Test failed #2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaBo_288066
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

sorry but I have to create a new discussion since my previous post (USB-IF Link Layer Test failed ) has been prematurely locked...

I tried to compile my firmware with SDK update 1.3.4 and, in fact, the fail TD.7.17 is gone... but TD.7.9, TD.7.11, TD.7.26 remains. All those fails are related to the new timings used and the Test Equipment (LeCroy M310P / Version: 3.60 Build 780) that USB org. now force to use with no alternative with Ellisys... What can I do now? The waiver ended Nov. 2018 and the device cannot be currently certified...

Moreover, with the update, reappeared a bug that was fixed by you a year ago (MyCase 00396780).

Please Cypress guys, can you contact me privately? I've some reserved data to share... and this matter begins to be quite urgent...

Thanks a lot for your support,

Dax

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Here is the modified library which will pass timer tests without using Legacy Timers. Replace this library at the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\fw_lib\1_3_4

Please put debug version in fx3_debug folder and release version in fx3_release version.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lock attach
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi DAVIDE,

To resolve the issue please go to settings and enable Support for legacy timers in USB compliance test utility. PFA screenshot for the same.

Kindly update me.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes
DaBo_288066
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Abhinav, thanks for your reply.

Maybe I didn't explain myself... the device is currently under certification by an external lab. Is not possible to enable the support for legacy timers. This was possible till Nov. 2018, but now the device must work with the new timers to be certified.

For your information there is an open MyCase about this (00474977).

Best regards,

Dax

0 Likes
lock attach

Here is the modified library which will pass timer tests without using Legacy Timers. Replace this library at the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\fw_lib\1_3_4

Please put debug version in fx3_debug folder and release version in fx3_release version.