U3 mode current consumption for bus-powered EZ-USB FX3 / CYUSB3014

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am developing a device using the CYUSB3014-BZXI, and having problem to pass the 2.5mA current requirement on U3 suspend mode.
I noticed that the EZ-USB FX3 / CYUSB3014 is listed on www.usb.org as a compliant device.

Could you please let me know:
Q1: What is the U3 mode current consumption @5V of EZ-USB FX3 / CYUSB3014 when bus-powered?
Q2: Has the EZ-USB FX3 been tested as bus-powered device to pass the 2.5mA U3 mode current requirement?
Q3: Has the EZ-USB FX3 been tested as self-powered device to pass the 2.5mA U3 mode current requirement?

Best regards

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please add these lines before calling CyU3PGpifSMStart API in your firmware. Thsi will add an internal weak pull downs on DQ 14: 8 and add an internal weak pull up on DQ 15 and thus give the pattern 0x80.

​Note that, externally these lines (15:8) should be unconnected. Only then these internal weak pullups/pulldowns will come into effect.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry. Please ignore my previous response. That was meant for another thread.

FX3 has been tested to meet the requirement in self power mode. We are checking internally regarding the bus powered mode whicj will be updated on the Tech Support case you created.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes