The initial flow about continue clock and gated clock in CX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wayu_4276666
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi Sir,

I saw a question about continue clock in the below path

https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Superspeed-Peripherals/Cypress-CX3-solution-Clock-Continuous-mo...

Q1: if my Serdes is non-continue clock, Can I use the same initial flow in non-continue clock ?  

Q2: if the answer of Q1 is No, just keep the initial flow from code Gen(Image Sensor Configuration )? Or Any other suggest?

Best Regards,

BenWang

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please find the comments below

Q1: if my Serdes is non-continue clock, Can I use the same initial flow in non-continue clock ?  

>> No, as mentioned in Q13 of this KBA https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/CX3-Hardware-Frequently-Asked-Questions-KBA... you should use the sequence (mentioned in KBA) in firmware if you are using the sensor in “continuous clock mode.”

Q2: if the answer of Q1 is No, just keep the initial flow from code Gen(Image Sensor Configuration )? Or Any other suggest?

>> You can refer to CX3 examples (for example: cycx3_uvcov640 ) in the FX3 SDK  (path: ..\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\cx3_examples)  for the sequence to be followed when using non continuous mode (gated mode) clock. or can use the firmware generated by the CX3 MIPI Receiver Configuration Tool as per this KBA Steps to Setup up MIPI CSI Camera Solution with CX... - Cypress Developer Community 

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please find the comments below

>> No, as mentioned in Q13 of this KBA https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/CX3-Hardware-Frequently-Asked-Questions-KBA... you should use the sequence (mentioned in KBA) in firmware if you are using the sensor in “continuous clock mode.”

>> You can refer to CX3 examples (for example: cycx3_uvcov640 ) in the FX3 SDK  (path: ..\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\cx3_examples)  for the sequence to be followed when using non continuous mode (gated mode) clock. or can use the firmware generated by the CX3 MIPI Receiver Configuration Tool as per this KBA Steps to Setup up MIPI CSI Camera Solution with CX... - Cypress Developer Community 

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
wayu_4276666
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi Rashi,

Thank you for your Reply.

I will follow your suggestion. 

BR

Ben