The UART 11bit transfer mode setting for FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

It is described as "11-bit transamission mode" with EZ-USB FX3 Technical Reference Manual., Spec No .: 001-76074 Rev. * E 8.6.2 UART Overview.

Q1) Is it possible to transmit UART parity information to the PC in 11-bit transfer mode?

Q2) I refer to 10.20 UART Registers of TRM, but please tell me specifically about the register settings for operating in "11bit transfer mode".

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Arai-san.

Q1) Is it possible to transmit UART parity information to the PC in 11-bit transfer mode?

>> Yes, it is possible.

Q2) I refer to 10.20 UART Registers of TRM, but please tell me specifically about the register settings for operating in "11bit transfer mode".

>> In the 10.20 UART registers of TRM, the 3rd bit of the register (parity) can be set to 1 to enable parity. This will enable 11 bit transmission mode, with default parity settings.

Alternatively, in the CyU3PUartConfig_t  struct, the .parity field can be set to either CY_U3P_UART_EVEN_PARITY or CY_U3P_UART_ODD_PARITY. This will internally set the register bits accordingly. The implementation of this API can be seen in the cyu3uart.c file

Best Regards.

AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Arai-san.

>> Yes, it is possible.

>> In the 10.20 UART registers of TRM, the 3rd bit of the register (parity) can be set to 1 to enable parity. This will enable 11 bit transmission mode, with default parity settings.

Alternatively, in the CyU3PUartConfig_t  struct, the .parity field can be set to either CY_U3P_UART_EVEN_PARITY or CY_U3P_UART_ODD_PARITY. This will internally set the register bits accordingly. The implementation of this API can be seen in the cyu3uart.c file

Best Regards.

AliAsgar

0 Likes