Swapping MIPI signal lines

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MoAb_1070241
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of designing a new camera that must interface with an existing device incorporating the CX3 chip. So, the MIPI input signal lines are already defined on the connector of the existing device, and cannot be changed. Consequently, the MIPI signal lines (for routing the signals from the image sensor) on the new PCB to-be-designed must match the existing device. To achieve this, I have to swap the location of the +ve and -ve MIPI lines/traces on the PCB, which complicates the layout.

I was wondering if CX3 has the hardware functionality to allow swapping the signals of the same channel/lane so that I could choose whichever signal that facilitates easier routing to the appropriate pins/inputs. Has anyone done this before?

Thanks,

Mo

0 Likes
1 Solution
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello,

Swapping of MIPI + and - of a lane/channel does not work in MIPI, Unlike USB Superspeed lines.

Regards,

Sridhar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello,

Swapping of MIPI + and - of a lane/channel does not work in MIPI, Unlike USB Superspeed lines.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes