Streaming RAW image data using Cypress Driver part 2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ScGr_289066
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi All,

I am still having issues using the CX3 RAW transfer firmware from this post: https://community.cypress.com/thread/16971?q=Streaming%20RAW%20image%20data%20using%20Cypress%20driv... and the Cypress library to import RAW video data to the PC.

I see frequent DMA errors (error code 0x47 -- CY_U3P_ERROR_INVALID_SEQUENCE).  The errors are being detected in the CyCx3UvcAppThread_Entry() routine.  Since my original post (), I am concentrating on 5Mp frames @ 14.6 fps which has made the errors more frequent.  I have optimized both the firmware (2000) and software (70) timeouts to the point where streaming can continue sometimes up to tens of minutes.  Further, the system frequently recovers from these errors.  I will see a burst of Steaming stopped/Streaming Started messages then image transfer continues.  Inevitability however, the system will fail resulting in a continuous stream of Streaming stopped/Streaming Started messages without any data transfer.  The only way to recover from this is to reload firmware.

I have experimented adding short delays in the collection thread to see how tolerant it is to Windows induced delays.  Even a delay in collection as short as a millisecond will cause transfer errors and occasionally it causes a complete failure (a continuous stream of Streaming stopped/Streaming Started messages).

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Scott,

I understood that you are streaming the RAW 10 video data. It can be done using the UVC class drivers instead of Vendor class drivers.

In the case of UVC class, the device can mimic the host as UVC class device and send the RAW10 format data.

Here, you need to customize the UVC host application to stream the RAW10 video data.

You may refer to this. This can be applied to FX3 as well.

Streaming RAW10 Format Input Data to 16/24-bit Output Format in CX3 MIPI CSI-2 - KBA224387

I understood that the 31 error triggers when you stream 5MP and the video resolutions are streaming fine with 995 errors. Yes. performing extra operations during image transfer makes this error statistically more likely.

Regards,

Sridhar

Hi Sridhar,

We still frequently encounter error 0x31 that shuts down   imaging.  It

only happens when imaging at full sensor resolution,   5Mp.  We don't see

it at lower resolutions.

The more common error 995(decimal) is common at all   resolutions. It

seems performing any extra operations during image transfer   makes this

error statistically more likely.

So the direct answer to you question is no, these errors   still plague us.

Best,

Scott

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies