Slave FIFO Interface Example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YeVe_4753746
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi All! 

I'm trying to figure it out how make my own application by "Slave FIFO Interface" Example.

I use AN65974 document: "Designing with the EZ-USB FX3 Slave FIFO Interface".

I have "cyfxgpif2config.h" header generated by GPIFII Designer.

The AN65974 document  says  next: "This header file must be included in the firmware project" (Part 10 on page 23).

Also AN65974 says "The EZ-USB FX3 SDK includes a firmware example that integrates the Slave FIFO
interface".

I was trying to figure out how I can integrate this header into the firmware project by studying "SYNCHRONOUS SLAVE FIFO PROTOCOL EXAMPLE", but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Help me please understend how I can integrate "cyfxgpif2config.h" header into the firmware project.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

To use the custom cyfxgpif2config.h generated by the GPIF Designer tool following are the steps

- Copy the cyfxgpif2config.h in the slave fifo project folder

- comment out the previously included GPIF state machine header file (default) in in the main source file of the firmware (for example: cyfxslfifosync.c)

- include the header file in the main source file of the firmware (for example: cyfxslfifosync.c)

#include "cyfxgpif2config.h"

- Check if the parameters passed to CyU3PGpifSMStart is same as the one in the custom header file (cyfxgpif2config.h)

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

To use the custom cyfxgpif2config.h generated by the GPIF Designer tool following are the steps

- Copy the cyfxgpif2config.h in the slave fifo project folder

- comment out the previously included GPIF state machine header file (default) in in the main source file of the firmware (for example: cyfxslfifosync.c)

- include the header file in the main source file of the firmware (for example: cyfxslfifosync.c)

#include "cyfxgpif2config.h"

- Check if the parameters passed to CyU3PGpifSMStart is same as the one in the custom header file (cyfxgpif2config.h)

Regards,
Rashi

Thank You alot!

0 Likes