Sending the third packet to FX3 U port lead to failure

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaXi_1246331
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I use slave fifo transfer of FX3. I use control center to send data to a out endpoint. FPGA connecting with FX3 does not read data from P port. The outcome is the host can send two packets to FX3 successfully and the third packet fails.

How to explain this?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Please let us know if your implementation is based on any of the Cypress provided examples.

- If the FX3 DMA channel is configured for 2 buffers, and the FPGA does not read data from the P-Port, the DMA buffers of FX3 become full and hence will not be able to accept new data until the previous data is read by the P-Port interface. So, the FPGA code has to be written such that it monitors the FX3 flag for the presence of data in the DMA buffers and read the same.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Please let us know if your implementation is based on any of the Cypress provided examples.

- If the FX3 DMA channel is configured for 2 buffers, and the FPGA does not read data from the P-Port, the DMA buffers of FX3 become full and hence will not be able to accept new data until the previous data is read by the P-Port interface. So, the FPGA code has to be written such that it monitors the FX3 flag for the presence of data in the DMA buffers and read the same.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Thank you. my firmware is modified based on cypress slavefifo example.

My further question is where is the setting of the number of buffers in the firmware.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hello,

When using the CyU3PDmaChannelCreate() API, the DMA channel configuration structure pointer is passed as a parameter. The count variable of the CyU3PDmaChannelConfig_t structure determines the number of buffers used for the particular channel. In the slave FIFO example that comes with the AN65974, the below macros determine the buffer counts for the two channels used.

CY_FX_SLFIFO_DMA_BUF_COUNT_P_2_U

CY_FX_SLFIFO_DMA_BUF_COUNT_U_2_P

Code Snippet:

dmaCfg.size  = DMA_BUF_SIZE* size;

dmaCfg.count = CY_FX_SLFIFO_DMA_BUF_COUNT_U_2_P;

dmaCfg.prodSckId = CY_FX_PRODUCER_USB_SOCKET;

dmaCfg.consSckId = CY_FX_CONSUMER_PPORT_SOCKET;

dmaCfg.dmaMode = CY_U3P_DMA_MODE_BYTE;

/* Enabling the callback for produce event. */

dmaCfg.notification = CY_U3P_DMA_CB_PROD_EVENT;

dmaCfg.cb = CyFxSlFifoUtoPDmaCallback;

dmaCfg.prodHeader = 0;

dmaCfg.prodFooter = 0;

dmaCfg.consHeader = 0;

dmaCfg.prodAvailCount = 0;

apiRetStatus = CyU3PDmaChannelCreate (&glChHandleSlFifoUtoP,

CY_U3P_DMA_TYPE_MANUAL, &dmaCfg);

Best regards,

Srinath S

The problem is perfectly solved. Thank you.

0 Likes