Seeking a Cypress FX3 based PCI-E X4 to USB 3.0 (FX3) Adapter Card and/or Reference Design

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I'm in need of a Cypress FX3 based PCI-e X4 to USB 3.0 (FX3) adapter card/interface  and/or Gerber Files, if anyone of you knows if this is in existence please ?   What led me to this decision was, while doing some searches, I came across the following Cypress Forum post:

FX3 device: low data rate through USB3 extension card

http://goo.gl/BjAObX

The following are " PCI-e to USB 3.0 device EXAMPLES" , but I need one based ipon the Cypress FX3 Chipset

Example # 1

" PCI-E 1X - 16X USB 3.0 PCB Board " with Extension Cable

http://www.dx.com/p/pci-e-usb-3-0-1x-to-16x-extension-cable-316664?tc=USD&gclid=CLLMw-ybycMCFZOBaQod...

Example # 2

PCI-e Express 1X to 16x Riser Extender Card Adapter +

SATA 15P Male to 4P Cable

www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-e-Express-1X-to-16x-Riser-Extender-Card-Adapter-SATA-15P-Male-to-4P-Cable-/1515...

Does anyone know if Cypress offers a PCI-e X4 FX3 USB 3.0 Reference/Gerber Files, or knows of a entity making a PCI-e X4 to USB 3.0 FX3 Card/Adapter/Interface please ?

I hope someone can assist/point me in the correct direction please.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you looking for the Fx3 here to behave as a USB 3.0 host card and interface to a PCIe port?

If so, then this is not possible. Fx3 can not act as a USB 3.0 host.

For Fx3 as a device, we do not have a PCIe to USB 3.0 (device) bridge.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We were hoping for something like this:

The following video claims the PE3A V3.1 version of the above does NOT support simultaneous usage of a PCIe-X device & USB 3.0.     

Though I was HOPING Cypress has a PCI-e X4 to Cyopress FX3 device, similar to what you see above, I'll need to contact these guys to see, (PRAY) that PE3A V3.2 works with PCIe & USB 3.0 at the same time.   

The above chicps they use is ASMedia and I guess it can do USB 3.0 to PCI-e X4 transfers:   

Dam, it would be so cool if Cypress had this though.   

Is this something Cypress can design ?   
0 Likes