SN in cyusb_linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
E_521156
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi,
I added CyFxUSBSerialNumberDscr in my descriptor file and I can see the serial number in Control center.
but in cyusb_linux, I can see always 3 which is the serial number string not what I set, is there anyway to see the serial number that I set in FW in cyusb_linux?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

I understand that you are following the steps mentioned in this KBA  Distinguishing Different FX3 Devices with Same VID... - Cypress Developer Community to add the serial number.

If yes, cyusb_linux gets the device descriptor and prints the iSerialNumber field.

Please use this cyusb_get_string_descriptor API to get the string descriptor related to the serial number.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

I understand that you are following the steps mentioned in this KBA  Distinguishing Different FX3 Devices with Same VID... - Cypress Developer Community to add the serial number.

If yes, cyusb_linux gets the device descriptor and prints the iSerialNumber field.

Please use this cyusb_get_string_descriptor API to get the string descriptor related to the serial number.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes