SD3 Mass Storage Application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kipac_3825021
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

We want to use CYUSB3025 part as a mass storage device which uses eMMC memory. For that, I was referring to FX3S DVK, and FX3SMassStorage example given in the SDK and it works well.

I tried running the same code for CYUSB3025(SD3) chip but it is not working. I would like to know if there's any changes I needed to make in the code? How do I change the part number in the SDK? Is there any API available that I can use for that?

I would really appreciate any possible help with this.

Thank you very much in advance,

Kishan Patel

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks for the quick reply. We have a custom board for SD3, and follows almost exact schematic as FX3S DVK. Upon further investigation, we found that the orientation of eMMC was wrong! So making it right would hopefully fix it. We will make new boards with right orientation, check it again, and update here if any problem occurs. Meanwhile we can consider this solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Kishan,

While testing with SD3 which board did you use?

Are you getting any errors in the UART prints?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks for the quick reply. We have a custom board for SD3, and follows almost exact schematic as FX3S DVK. Upon further investigation, we found that the orientation of eMMC was wrong! So making it right would hopefully fix it. We will make new boards with right orientation, check it again, and update here if any problem occurs. Meanwhile we can consider this solved.

0 Likes