Run CYUSB3014 in "USB2 compliance mode"?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tcarlsso
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

Is there a way to run the CYUSB3014 device in USB2 compliance mode together with a host application?

For example, I want to be able to set it up to only send data out or receive data in. That would make it easier to do compliance measurements on the DP/DM signals. 

Or is there another way I can use?

Thanks,

Tomas

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Tomas,

There is no special device configuration needed(as mentioned in your post) to do the compliance tests. You will just have to program USBBulkSrcSink firmware (present in FX3 SDK) into CYUSB3014; use the usb2 compliance test setup and follow the test procedure.

Regards,

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hemanth

Hi Tomas,

There is no special device configuration needed(as mentioned in your post) to do the compliance tests. You will just have to program USBBulkSrcSink firmware (present in FX3 SDK) into CYUSB3014; use the usb2 compliance test setup and follow the test procedure.

Regards,

Hemanth
0 Likes

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks! Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the "usb2 compliance test setup" yet. Do you refer to the test setup on oscilloscope, some SW/Application/HW (provided by Cypress or some instrument vendor), or a procedure defined by USB org?

Thanks,

Tomas

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi Tomas,

Please refer to https://usb.org/usb2

Regards,

Hemanth
0 Likes