Read/write external NOR flash fails using custom SPI pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using cyusb3014 (not reference kit) fx3 controller to read/write extrenal NOR flash(MT25QU01GBBB8E12) using custom Spi pins using the example code given along with the SDK. The example code used for this purpose :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbspigpiomode.

Gpio pins used for this are:

Gpio[36] -CLK

Gpio[35] -SS

Gpio[33] -MISO

Gpio[34] - MOSI.

When i try to read the firmware ID using the vendor command (0xB0), i got the id successfully.

But when i try to read/write data using the vendor commands, it seems to get stuck at CyFxSpiWaitForStatus() function.

Is there anything i need to take care before read/write flash?

Regards,

Sathya

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Satya,

Since you are using different GPIOs other than which are used in the firmware (53-56), did you take care to update the IO Matrix?

If you have already taken care of the following then you may need to observe what is happening on the SPI bus. (I have checked from the datasheet of the SPI Flash that the commands related to READ_STATUS, READ, PROGRAM are same as the ones used in the firmware).

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Satya,

Since you are using different GPIOs other than which are used in the firmware (53-56), did you take care to update the IO Matrix?

If you have already taken care of the following then you may need to observe what is happening on the SPI bus. (I have checked from the datasheet of the SPI Flash that the commands related to READ_STATUS, READ, PROGRAM are same as the ones used in the firmware).

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hemanth,

Thank you for the reply.

GPIO muxing is done properly. I'll look into SPI bus.

With Regards,

Sathya.C

VVDN Technologies Pvt Ltd

Cell: +91 9495759306 | Skype : csathya.mec

0 Likes