RAM/Memory Sniffer Example Using GPIF

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JuCh_3556216
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

Hi!

I'm looking for an example that streams parallel data back to a PC using the GPIF on an FX3. Does such an example exist? I'm attempting to build an SRAM sniffer.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hello!

After installing FX3-SDK , please refer to the example in the below path which suits to your application
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\gpif_examples\cyfxsrammaster.

Best Regards,

AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AliAsgar

Hello!

Could you please share the interface timings.

Also, please provide more information about your end application. Can you please provide more information on SRAM sniffers so that we can understand it better?

Best Regards

AliAsgar

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hello!

After installing FX3-SDK , please refer to the example in the below path which suits to your application
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\gpif_examples\cyfxsrammaster.

Best Regards,

AliAsgar

0 Likes
JuCh_3556216
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

Hi! Unfortunately, I'm unable to find a datasheet for the target SRAM, but the GPIF and FX3 should be able to handle the speeds. The total size of the SRAM is ~ 16MB. 

I'm trying to make a passive sniffer, so I think that the example @AliAsgar recommended should work. Is there an accompanying PC-side example that uses this example?

0 Likes

Hello!

The recommended example could be tested using the USB Control Center host application(C# based) provided with the FX3 SDK

Best Regards,

AliAsgar

0 Likes