Programming of I2C EEPROM Failed when overwriting CyBootProgrammer.img

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DC_IDN
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi,

We have a custom board with FX3 + EEPROM. This setup is already working and has been programmed multiple times with "control center". Now, we are thinking of adding some modifications to our custom board, for which we will need to modify "CyBootProgrammer.img".

The problem comes when we build the project named "cyfxflashprog", rename the generated .img to "CyBootProgrammer.img" and overwrite "...\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\bin\CyBootProgrammer.img" with the newly created file. By doing this, when we try to program our EEPROM as we always do, "Control Center" shows the message: "Programming of I2C EEPROM Failed".

Just as a note: our device is correctly detected by Control Center, and only fails when trying to program a .img file to the I2C EEPROM. In addition to that, we have this system properly working when not building  "CyBootProgrammer.img" ourselves.

So, is there any modification to be included to "cyfxflashprog" project that can solve our issues?

Thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

We have found the cause of the issue. Building "CyBootProgrammer.img" was incompatible with some memory modifications done in "fx3.ld". When reverting to original fx3.ld and building CyBootProgrammer.img again, Control Center application works fine.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please let me know the changes done to the default flashprog example. If possible please share the complete firmware for us to check.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello,

No changes done to the default flashprog example yet. We are just doing a test previous to modify anything. So we are just taking the default flashprog example and building it as it is.

Regards,

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Please confirm if replacing the new CyBootProgrammer.img with the default one resolves the problem (keeping the test environment same)

I tried to reproduce the issue at my end but I am not able to reproduce it. Please find the attached CyBootProgrammer.img and replace with the default one. Please keep a backup of the default CyBootProgrammer.img.

After replacing the file in (path: \Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\bin), restart the Control Center application

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello,

We have found the cause of the issue. Building "CyBootProgrammer.img" was incompatible with some memory modifications done in "fx3.ld". When reverting to original fx3.ld and building CyBootProgrammer.img again, Control Center application works fine.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Glad to hear that the problem is resolved!

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes