Problems about building firmware example in AN75779

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I meet some problems about building the firmware example   "USBVideoClass" in AN75779.zip,which is download from http://china.cypress.com/?rID=62824

I just down load it,then import it into EZ USB suite and build,without making  any changes.

THe attchment show details of these problems.

THank you!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The warnings  regarding the type of the parameter to the SetDesc function may be ignored.

To find the cause of the error, please provide the logs displayed in the console Tab at the bottom.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Thank you for your advice, the warnings have been solved,but the error still exists.

The logs displayed in the console Tab are as follows:

09:15:13 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project USBVideoClass ****

cs-make all 

'Building target: cyfxuvc.elf'

'Invoking: ARM Sourcery Windows GCC C Linker'

arm-none-eabi-gcc  ./camera_ptzcontrol.o ./cyfx_gcc_startup.o ./cyfxtx.o ./cyfxuvcdscr.o ./sensor.o ./uvc.o    -T"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\/firmware/common/fx3.ld" -nostartfiles -Wl,-Map,cyfxuvc.map -Wl,-d -Wl,--no-wchar-size-warning -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--entry,CyU3PFirmwareEntry "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\\firmware\u3p_firmware\lib\fx3_debug\cyfxapi.a" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\\firmware\u3p_firmware\lib\fx3_debug\cyu3threadx.a" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\\firmware\u3p_firmware\lib\fx3_debug\cyu3lpp.a"  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\ARM GCC\\arm-none-eabi\lib\libc.a" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\ARM GCC\\lib\gcc\arm-none-eabi\4.5.2\libgcc.a" -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -g3 -gdwarf-2 -o"cyfxuvc.elf"

arm-none-eabi-gcc: error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\ARM GCC\\lib\gcc\arm-none-eabi\4.5.2\libgcc.a: No such file or directory

cs-make: *** [cyfxuvc.elf] Error 1

09:15:14 Build Finished (took 368ms)

Thank you again!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any resolution for this problem yet? 

Just downloaded it like that and can't build. I also tried on another pc, so the problem isnt on my side.
Why do u upload buggy stuff.... 😞

Please answer quickly!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I think you are using FX3 SDK 1.3.3

To fix this issue:

1) Close EX USB SUite

2) Open command prompt as administrator

3) Run the following command

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\ARM GCC\lib\gcc\arm-none-eabi"     

mklink /D 4.5.2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\ARM GCC\lib\gcc\arm-none-eabi\4.8.1"

Now restart eclipse and compile again.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Madhu,

These steps solved the problem. The project builds now. Thank you.

0 Likes