PC suspension wake-up with FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1245661
Level 2
Level 2
Welcome!

Hello Sir,

I implemented a composite device with two interfaces, one vendor specific and the other HID type. The HID interface uses a keyboard protocol.

The two interfaces (vendor and HID) work correctly, I have verified that the keyboard interface sends characters.

Now I would like the PC to be woken up by the FX3 when it goes into suspension, so I sampled an input that when it changes state generates a character towards the PC.

Unfortunately, the PC remains in suspension.

I also tried to use CyU3PUsbDoRemoteWakeup but I saw no improvement. The device is connected to USB3.

Do you have any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Niccolò

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello Niccolò,

"I also tried to use CyU3PUsbDoRemoteWakeup but I saw no improvement. The device is connected to USB3."

=> The CyU3PUsbDoRemoteWakeup() API is only effective when the device is connected to USB 2.0.

For USB3 devices, refer to CyU3PUsbSendDevNotification() API in the FX3 API Guide, page 530 present at the path: c:\program files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\FX3APIGuide.pdf

To understand the usage of the API better, you can refer to the USBBulkSrcSink firmware present at the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxbulksrcsink

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
22 Replies