Origin of cyusb_bulk_transfer timeout

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaKw_4469671
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

I'm using CX3 to transfer image data to Jetson Xavier board through USB port.

I'm using cyusb_bulk_transfer function and there is a problem of timeout.

When I check the packet transfer time, each packet tranfer usually takes 300 us but sometimes it takes 280000 us.

It causes severe frame drops of my system.

Is this due to CPU resources or an intrinsic problem of bulk data transfer?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Edited: Since the device is working fine in another PCs and it is working as expected with Jetson Xavier. It looks like there is some issue on Jetson Xavier side.

Hello,

>> When I check the packet transfer time, each packet tranfer usually takes 300 us but sometimes it takes 280000 us.

>> It causes severe frame drops of my system.

>> Is this due to CPU resources or an intrinsic problem of bulk data transfer?

There are no problem with bulk data transfer. It should work perfectly from the device side.

It looks like there is issue on the Jetson Xavier CPU side.

Please capture the USB traces and collect the UART logs to debug further.

Regards,

Sridhar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please let me know how did you come across this number 300 us and 280000 us?

Also mention which host application that you are using to receive/transmit the bulk data.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes

Hello,

I used gettimeofday function in <sys/time.h> back and forth of cyusb_bulk_transfer function call.

Differences of the values are usually 300 usec but sometimes they are upto 280000 usec and caused frame drops.

The application is a modified version of 08_cybulk.cpp in "FX3_SDK_1.3.4_Linux\cyusb_linux_1.0.5\src" and its structure is the same.

The application perfectly works on other ubuntu or windows PC but there are frame drops in xavier.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes

Edited: Since the device is working fine in another PCs and it is working as expected with Jetson Xavier. It looks like there is some issue on Jetson Xavier side.

Hello,

>> When I check the packet transfer time, each packet tranfer usually takes 300 us but sometimes it takes 280000 us.

>> It causes severe frame drops of my system.

>> Is this due to CPU resources or an intrinsic problem of bulk data transfer?

There are no problem with bulk data transfer. It should work perfectly from the device side.

It looks like there is issue on the Jetson Xavier CPU side.

Please capture the USB traces and collect the UART logs to debug further.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes