Is there any examples of updating Xilinx FPGA bit file through FX3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeCa_1329876
Level 1
Level 1

In the FX3 lab 4--Activity 1: FPGA bit file update through FX3, The FPGA bit stream and FX3 firmware are stored in the external SPI Flash. FX3 will boot up and then it will load the FPGA bit file through the SPI interface.

But It's base on ECP5. In my application, The FPGA is Altera, How should I do to copy this application to Cyclone 4. Is there any exist example on this type of FPGA or any reference design guide I can follow. Thx!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Jerry,

Are you not able to program Cyclone4 FPGA using SPI? What is the error you are facing?

You can also  refer to this application note AN84868, to configure FPGA over USB and let me know if this helps.

This application note is not mentioning Altera Cyclone 4 FPGA but can be used for the same

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Jerry,

Are you not able to program Cyclone4 FPGA using SPI? What is the error you are facing?

You can also  refer to this application note AN84868, to configure FPGA over USB and let me know if this helps.

This application note is not mentioning Altera Cyclone 4 FPGA but can be used for the same

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
JeCa_1329876
Level 1
Level 1

It works now, Thanks:-)

0 Likes