I would like to use the UART signal of CYUSB3KIT-003.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
akkoc_979791
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to connect UART_RX (J1-19) and UART_TX (J1-21) of CYUSB3KIT-003 to another microcomputer.

However, the above signal is already connected to the USB serial conversion IC (CY7C65215).

Will be able to use  UART_RX and UART_TX signals by setting the SCB0 configuration of CY7C65215 to Mode5(I2C)

and Drive Modes of GPIO_8 and GPIO_5 to TRISTATE using Cypress USB-Serial Configuration Utility ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes you can go ahead with the method that you had suggested " UART_RX and UART_TX signals by setting the SCB0 configuration of CY7C65215 to Mode5(I2C) and Drive Modes of GPIO_8 and GPIO_5 to TRISTATE using Cypress USB-Serial Configuration Utility".

Or the second method is to change the GPIO IO config matrix.

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Akihiro,

You can directly connect your microcomputer to Rx/MOSI & TX/MISO pins of CYUSB3KIT-003. Or you can change the GPIO IO config matrix to 16 - bit Data Bus +UART+SPI+I2S configuration and then connect DQ[30] & DQ[31] pins. Please note that you have to use CY_U3P_IO_MATRIX_LPP_DEFAULT as io_cfg.lppMode for the second case.

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav

0 Likes

Thank you for your response.

If the PC is not connected to the Micro-B USB connector (J8), is the GPIO pins of CY7C65215 in the Hi-Z state?

However, in the following answers, it is necessary to remove USB-UART Converter Chip(CY7C65215).

https://community.cypress.com/thread/15674?q=CYUSB3KIT%20SPI

0 Likes

Yes you can go ahead with the method that you had suggested " UART_RX and UART_TX signals by setting the SCB0 configuration of CY7C65215 to Mode5(I2C) and Drive Modes of GPIO_8 and GPIO_5 to TRISTATE using Cypress USB-Serial Configuration Utility".

Or the second method is to change the GPIO IO config matrix.

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav

0 Likes

The question solved. Thank you very much.

0 Likes