I want to stream hard coded yuy2 video data using fx3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working on fx3 development board. I used "USBVideoClass" example project to stream MJPEG hard coded video. But now i want to modify the same code to stream uncompressed yuy2 data. So please can any one suggest me that what all changes I need to do.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
alamandaa_16
10 likes received First like received

Hi,

Please go through the below-attached source file, which speaks about 640X480 resolution,16 bits per pixel and hard-coded yuy2 data format.

The attached example firmware works USB 3.0, USB Full Speed and USB Hi-Speed.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
alamandaa_16
10 likes received First like received

Hi,

Please go through the below-attached source file, which speaks about 640X480 resolution,16 bits per pixel and hard-coded yuy2 data format.

The attached example firmware works USB 3.0, USB Full Speed and USB Hi-Speed.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As per the readme file of the project, the project as to stream hard coded pink color pattern. But in entire code i did not find any array containing the hard coded data. please let me know that exactly where it is

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am running the "Fx2g2UvcDemo" project which you have send me. I am using Fx3 SDK for debug. But when the run the code, the SDK console is popping the message saying ----"No source available for 0xfffffff8" and SDK debug pointer is stopped. I am sure that there is no problem in OpenOCD setting because the same setting is working fine for other project.

Please help me out how to resolve this problem.

0 Likes

Hi,

--I tried to debug same example using open OCD and didn't get any error.

--Restart the PC and try agian.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Ok i will try that. but where the yuy2 video data is stored in program.

0 Likes

Hi,

UvcAppFillBuffers  function fills all DMA buffers mapped to the UVC streaming channel with yuy2 data to be sent to the USB host.

The buffers will be filled with the yuy2 data pattern if the updateData flag is true.

if (updateData)

{

CyU3PMemSet (dmaInfo.buffer + UVC_HEADER_SIZE, (uint8_t)(0xFF - i * 0x11), UvcDataPerBuffer);

}

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for your support, I am able stream the yuy2 data to host.

But one more requirement I have, I need to change the stored yuy2 data to either red color or blue color video streaming. So, please can you guide me that how can I change the data in UvcAppFillBuffers function.

0 Likes