I hope that USB uart and Bulk system are used one fx3 chip.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I will make new custom board using fx3 chip. and I want to UART port, but  useable board area is too small to insert UART chip, 

example codes that I received from Cypress Inc, have included  USB UART(PID 0x0008) and USB bulk system(PID 0x00F0).

Should I use two or more PID in same a Fx3 chip ? If it is possible I want to know how to use that.

Regards.

Shin.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same question, wishing the answer……

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

At a time the device will enumerate with only one VID/PID. However, you can have multiple interfaces. You can have two interface, one for your required data streaming, other CDC class. The CDC class will be able to come up as a COM port. However, you need to make sure about the data transfer channels and associated port. Please check about this before designing your board.  We have added (PID 0x0008 in the CDC example, because Cypress drivers will identify this PID as a CDC COM. If you use any other PID, then you can mannual bind that interface with the Cypress serial driver, after which you will be able to communicate with the device even with different PID

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Thank you for your reply. and I addition more questions. 

Please let me know how to bind manual PID with Cypress serial driver or how to reconfigure CDC COM port in windows side.

regards

Shin.

0 Likes