How to reset the usb port (which is connected to FX3) from the command line?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have one application which will write and read data from slavefifo. It is working fine and we dont see any issue. If we press ctrl + c it is exiting and if we try to connect execute the command (exe) it is not detecting the cypress device. I check with control center also and we see nothing connected to the pc. If we reconnect the USB and checked again. this time we can cypress device getting detected. Could you please let me know on how to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Aswin kavali

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi

You can comment out "CyFxSlFifoApplnDebugInit()" in the firmware to resolve this issue.

-Regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Aswin Kavali,

- Please let know the firmware that you are using. Is it an example firmware or your custom firmware?

- Also, kindly, check the device manager for the presence of the device.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using USB streamer firmware. (slavesync)

We can do a cypress reset from another device. we don't have any issue with that. I would like to know whether we can solve this issue from the application itself

Thanks,

Aswin kavali

0 Likes

Hi Aswin,

You have to implement a callback function which will be called while closing the application using ctrl + C. Please refer to the standard implementation of closing function in the streamer application in the following path.

Please mention on which OS you are running your application?

Cpp: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\cpp\streamer\streamer.cpp

CSharp: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\c_sharp\streamer

Thanks & regards

Abhinav

0 Likes

Hi Aswin,

I tried to send files with "Bulksrcsink" example firmware and found that it is working fine. I pressed "Ctrl + C" in between the file transfer but still application detect FX3 for the second time. Could you please share the exact firmware that you are using?

Thanks & regards

Abhinav 

0 Likes

Hi

You can comment out "CyFxSlFifoApplnDebugInit()" in the firmware to resolve this issue.

-Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes