How to make a driver for FX3-CDC,which could be run in Windows7

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Z_Du_1327421
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

we have finished UVC+CDC with FX3,and we can install the uart driver with *.inf file step by step。

but how to make a driver(such as *.exe) for our CDC device,we want to install the driver easily in Windows like other USB-UART products。

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Please find my comments below:

1.Extract the attached .zip file.

2.Modify the Windows Batch file which can be found in the following location

C:\Users\jayt\Desktop\usb_seria_CDC_3.13.0.84\CyUSBSerial_driver_3.13.0.84

Note: This location depends on the location where you extract the .zip file.

3.Depending on the windows version and architecture, the batch file will invoke dpinst.exe

Suppose you are using a Windows 7 x86 PC, then the dpinst.exe found in following location will be invoked.

C:\Users\jayt\Desktop\usb_seria_CDC_3.13.0.84\CyUSBSerial_driver_3.13.0.84\win7_8.1\x86

This .exe file will install the drivers present in the above location for the device.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

For windows 10, the CDC interface will automatically bind to Microsoft drivers but for windows 7, this will not happen. Please let me know which driver should the CDC interface bind to. Is it the Microsoft Driver or Cypress USB serial driver?

Are you looking to create a driver installer?

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
Z_Du_1327421
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

yes,i have finished uart and uvc with CYUSB3014,and we can install serial driver by inf file manually,but it's too complex to install。we want to create a Microsoft driver installer for this。

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Please find my comments below:

1.Extract the attached .zip file.

2.Modify the Windows Batch file which can be found in the following location

C:\Users\jayt\Desktop\usb_seria_CDC_3.13.0.84\CyUSBSerial_driver_3.13.0.84

Note: This location depends on the location where you extract the .zip file.

3.Depending on the windows version and architecture, the batch file will invoke dpinst.exe

Suppose you are using a Windows 7 x86 PC, then the dpinst.exe found in following location will be invoked.

C:\Users\jayt\Desktop\usb_seria_CDC_3.13.0.84\CyUSBSerial_driver_3.13.0.84\win7_8.1\x86

This .exe file will install the drivers present in the above location for the device.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes