How to implement Endpoint Read/Write in an UVC application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mikema
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi, Support Team 

I have implemented a UVC appliaction on CX3 board.  There is a eeprom on my CX3 board, which stores some paras for calibrating . I would like to send it to PC via USB endpoints .  How to implement Endpoint Read/Write in an UVC application?

what should I do on CX3's firmware and how to do in my PC software? Should I  install a special driver for it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

There are two options.

If you do not want to use another driver, and want to stick to UVC driver alone, then you can make use of uvc 'extension unit'. Please refer to AN75779 for more details. A sample Host application is also provided in the application note.

Another option is to add a vendor interface to the device. This would require you to use vendor driver and necessary host application.

Regards,

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

There are two options.

If you do not want to use another driver, and want to stick to UVC driver alone, then you can make use of uvc 'extension unit'. Please refer to AN75779 for more details. A sample Host application is also provided in the application note.

Another option is to add a vendor interface to the device. This would require you to use vendor driver and necessary host application.

Regards,

Hemanth
0 Likes