How to enable debug message via uart from scratch?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jahsc_972471
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering how to add the feature to send debug messages through uart port?  For example, a simple firmware of BootLedBlink of SDK 1.3.4.  How can I add debug messages when the button been pressed? or when the LED is set on/off.   I want to monitor the debug info through a terminal.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- The CyFxSlFifoApplnDebugInit() function block in SlaveFifoSync example firmware (present in FX3 SDK) can be referred for the sequence of steps to be followed for debug message initialization.

- In case of boot firmware, the UART block has to be initialized using the CyFx3BootUartInit() API and the debug messages can be printed using the CyFx3BootUartPrintMessage() API. Please refer to gpiftousb boot firmware example in the following path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\boot_fw\gpiftousb

Best regards,
Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
jahsc_972471
Level 1
Level 1

maybe point me to a specific chapter on a specific document is helpful. Thanks

0 Likes
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- The CyFxSlFifoApplnDebugInit() function block in SlaveFifoSync example firmware (present in FX3 SDK) can be referred for the sequence of steps to be followed for debug message initialization.

- In case of boot firmware, the UART block has to be initialized using the CyFx3BootUartInit() API and the debug messages can be printed using the CyFx3BootUartPrintMessage() API. Please refer to gpiftousb boot firmware example in the following path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\boot_fw\gpiftousb

Best regards,
Srinath S

0 Likes