How to communicate Cypress device(CYUSB3014-BZXC) with android?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaM_4713756
Level 2
Level 2

I have a Cypress device (EZ-USB FX3™ SuperSpeed USB 3.0 peripheral controller) and an android device. I want to connect them.

https://www.cypress.com/part/cyusb3014-bzxc

But I don't know how. Cypress SDK is available for this product?

I downloaded the “CyUSBSerial_SDK_Android_B73C_0”

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit

Can I use this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

“CyUSBSerial_SDK_Android_B73C_0” is for USB-Serial Devices and cannot be used for FX3.

We do not provide Android SDK for FX3. You can use the FX3 Linux SDK instead. The Linux SDK is Libusb based and we also provide a wrapper on top of it which supports few APIs.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

“CyUSBSerial_SDK_Android_B73C_0” is for USB-Serial Devices and cannot be used for FX3.

We do not provide Android SDK for FX3. You can use the FX3 Linux SDK instead. The Linux SDK is Libusb based and we also provide a wrapper on top of it which supports few APIs.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
SaM_4713756
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you very much for your support.

Could you please share the link of Linux SDK + wrapper?

Product : CYUSB3014-BZXC

0 Likes

Hello,

You can download it from the FX3 SDK page.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
SaM_4713756
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

Iam new to android. So anybody gives some instructions to use FX3 linux sdk in android?

0 Likes

Hello,

You can use libusb for android to develop applications similar to Linux. 

Please go through this thread:Re: How could I use Cypress USB on Android system? . Hope it will be helpful.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
SaM_4713756
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Thank you very much Yatheesh

By using the above thread i built libusb for android and generate the libusb1.0.so files. Can i directly use "libcyusb.cpp" ( Got from FX3 linux SDK)wrapper on top of it?

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, you can use the libcyusb.cpp wrapper on top of libusb directly to make use of cyusb_linux APIs.

Thanks,

Yatheesh.

0 Likes
SaM_4713756
Level 2
Level 2

Iam tring to communicate with the cypress device using libusb and the above wrapper. But the libusb_init() function always return -1(LIBUSB_ERROR_IO). Is there any android usb permission settings is required to initialize the library?

0 Likes

Hello,

Is the android device rooted and are you able to use any of the libusb commands?

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes