How to check framerate regarding fx2lp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

Image sensor is interfaced with fx2lp in slavefifo mode.image sensor configuration is 60 frames per second with 752x480 resolution.

we are modified cypress control center in order to display image.what is the frame rate that fx2lp can handle?

regadrs,

geetha.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Geethanjali,

Please look for successive SOF tokens in the trace and the amount of data that is transferred between those successive SOFs. This can be used to compute the bandwidth.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Geethanjali,

- In case of BULK endpoints, the USB bandwidth available depends on the other USB devices present on the bus.

- FX2LP is a USB 2.0 device thereby supporting a maximum of 480Mbps, i.e 60MBps. Considering the USB protocol level overheads, the throughput will be lesser. FX2LP BULK endpoints has been tested to achieve data rates of approximately 53MBps with BULK endpoints.

Best regards,

Srinath S

hello shrinath,

I have a fx2lp with image sensor board with Bulk endpoint.how can i test that this device throughput ?

that is whether its throughput is 53MBps or less?any testing method can i do on this device(board)?let me know?

regards,

geethanjali.

0 Likes

hello shrinath,

can i see usb bandwidth or frame rate in the usblyzer?

regards,

geethanjali.

0 Likes

Hello Geethanjali,

Please look for successive SOF tokens in the trace and the amount of data that is transferred between those successive SOFs. This can be used to compute the bandwidth.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes