How send 10 bits per pixel using RGB888 in CX3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ArSa_3842301
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

I am actually working with 13MPx CMOS Image Sensor. this sensor has 10 bits accuracy in his dynamic range. So, for this reason has the possibility to sending both 8 bits per pixel either 10 bits per pixel (using full dynamic range).

As I am currently working with the CX3, using RGB888 as data input and 24 bits size as data output. I have to use The the 8 bits per pixel profile from the sensor,knowing that I am lossing accuracy which is esential in order to quantize the analog value.

So, I have the following question: Is it possible to send 10 bits per pixel from the sensor, using a CX3's configuration based on RGB888 as data input and holding the same output size of 24 bits?. Because if I do it, we will not have to do zero padding as with the RAW10 format. (Please, see the attached picture).

What code sections will have to change in order to get this profile?.

Thanks so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

We have only tested the packing of RAW10 data into 24 bits. We have not tested the approach that you have described. But, I feel that this approach is possible provided the CX3 is configured correctly. Please try this and let us know if you face any issues.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies