How do I set GPIO's output mode in CyUSB3014?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
thsh_4007911
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First solution authored First reply posted

Hi,

When I configure an output pin with CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride() and CyU2PGpioSetSimpleConfig(), a pull-up resistor must be applied to the pin to output the high level. So I guess the default output mode of GPIO is open drain output.

How do I set the pin output mode to push-pull output mode?

Best regards,

Thomas

0 Likes
1 Solution
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

FX3 supports internal weak(50k ohm) pull-up or pull-down I/O pins.

When I configure an output pin with CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride() and CyU2PGpioSetSimpleConfig(), a pull-up resistor must be applied to the pin to output the high level. So I guess the default output mode of GPIO is open drain output.

I haven't heard about that.

You could also check the FX3 TRM for more detailed information online if you haven't installed EZ-USB SDK

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/technical-reference-manuals/ez-usb-fx3-technical-reference-man...

or find it offline at

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

once you have installed SDK.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

FX3 supports internal weak(50k ohm) pull-up or pull-down I/O pins.

I haven't heard about that.

You could also check the FX3 TRM for more detailed information online if you haven't installed EZ-USB SDK

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/technical-reference-manuals/ez-usb-fx3-technical-reference-man...

or find it offline at

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

once you have installed SDK.

0 Likes

In the 8.9 GPIO section of FX3 TRM, I didn't see any input/output mode instructions, so CYUSB3014 doesn't support I/O mode Settings.

0 Likes

You could refer to the section 4.1

0 Likes